Flow Chart

Alexander Lang lang_a at sbox.tugraz.at
Sat Feb 5 12:31:19 PST 2005

Joachim Beckers wrote:

> Didn't get that one. What exactly do you mean with "internal
> datastructure"? I think that internal datastructure will be even more
> complicated than the XML. Also see my other comment:

I don't know how it is done in nALFS since i never really looked at the
code, but i was kinda following what Boris (NeoCool) was writing:
he had plugins for different "syntaxes", such as the LFS-Book or the
nALFS syntax. What these plugins did was parsing the profile-files into
a profile-structure. This structure consisted of a name a version and a
double linked list of chapters. Each Chapter had a name and a double
linked list of packages. The package structure had all the information,
such as downloads, build commands, dependencies,.....
I hope you get the idea of what kind of structure i am talking about, if
not look at alfs.h from r1697.
I don't think it is harder to edit such a structure than the
profile-files, and it gives us more flexibility.

> (PS: I'm talking GNOME HID here. Of course this is not the de facto way
> things should be done, but GNOME proves it works. See
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/ for the whole HIG. Very
> interesting reading for people with lots of sparetime ;-))
>
> joachim

will read it if i can find the time.