Programming language

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Sat Feb 5 11:42:27 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 07:03:02PM +0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>Hui Zhou wrote:
>>My point: Scooter and Hummer, and 5 minutes down the park.
>
>OK, whilst you're busy re-writing a validating XML parser

I wrote a few for my own projects. And I know I am not alone.
You agree what I said what a validation of XML mean, right. Yes, all
my project will spit on *invalid* XML document of its own type.

>(it has to be
>validating due to the functional requirements in the SRS), we'll be busy
>working on alfs itself.  Note that if you're writing an XML parser it
>has to conform to the standard which you're going to have to read,
Did you read the article I cited in lfs-chat. The standard is way too
cumbersom and the comittee is seriously interested in publish a *core*
version of XML.

There is no sharing in alfs. "we" write functions for our own use, as
long as it works and clean, why would "we" care for the standard?

--
Hui Zhou