[RFC] SRS Section 2

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Sat Feb 5 11:33:15 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 06:31:41PM +0100, Joachim Beckers wrote:
>No offence,

Offense or not, is upon whether the other end take it or not.

There are 100 ways to say the samething as in the following, I
wouldn't call your word a good way. Be asured no offence is taken
here, otherwise, I am at loss.

>but I think the point is that you raised that about a dozen
>times.				   ^^^^^^

I count one thread/subthread as one time. I think a dozen exagerated a
little.

>It seems you're very enthousiastic about breaking down XML,
					  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My post give you that impression?
No, I am not.

>but
>for reasons we (that is: the rest of the community) don't accept.

You raised a very intersting question. How big is this community? I
always thought LFS community was huge, (the mainreason I am attracted
here). How many are reading this list, if the community is actually
limited, I really shouldn't (and wouldn't if I realized it) speak so
much.

>think you should just face the facts: we're gonna go for XML wether you
>like it or not.

I am fine with that. I mentioned I am not really interested in the
decisions, but the reasons or ideas.
I am interested in what "we" see in XML that I
don't see. And I listed my reasons that why I don't see those benefits
and was tring bait out the reasons for "we". If "we" didn't take the
bait, I either kept waiting or go out buy fish.

>I'm not saying we can't discuss this matter, I'm just saying that we
>can't discuss it forever

It takes back and forth forever to make a discussion forever.

>That being said, I hope we can further on have some good and
>constructive discussions on alfs, and I truly hope we can work together
>as a team.

I thought "we" already went on. As a record, I raised the topic on my
belief that it is relavant to the development. Aren't you pleased that
I got more words out of those you like to hear during the discussion?

As a suggestion, just filter the list on your side and delete all my
words that you wouldn't like to hear, won't you pleased to find the
discussion brings more words you willing to hear?

It beats me that why you can't tolerate a few discussion which isn't a
flame war.

>regards
Really? Ditto.

--