Programming language

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 5 11:03:02 PST 2005

Hui Zhou wrote:
> My point: Scooter and Hummer, and 5 minutes down the park.

OK, whilst you're busy re-writing a validating XML parser (it has to be
validating due to the functional requirements in the SRS), we'll be busy
working on alfs itself.  Note that if you're writing an XML parser it
has to conform to the standard which you're going to have to read,
understand and implement (a task you've already stated you don't want to
do).  See http://w3c.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-conformance for
what a conforming XML parser is required to do, then still tell us we
shouldn't use one that's already been proven to work out in the field.

Regards,

Matt.