Flow Chart

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 5 10:12:00 PST 2005

Alexander Lang wrote:
<snip flowchart>
> This sounds ok to me, but i would do it a little differently:
> The ui should not edit the profile, but have the ability to
> change alfsds internal data structure of the profile.

Didn't get that one. What exactly do you mean with "internal
datastructure"? I think that internal datastructure will be even more
complicated than the XML. Also see my other comment:

> That is also what the user should see displayed in the ui:
> the data structure not the profile!

Agreed, the user should never get to see the raw XML in the ui (unless
specified in a preference somewhere). I think the best way to go is the
way nALFS does. Show a tree with the different stages and make that tree
editable.
(PS: I'm talking GNOME HID here. Of course this is not the de facto way
things should be done, but GNOME proves it works. See
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/ for the whole HIG. Very
interesting reading for people with lots of sparetime ;-))

joachim