[RFC] SRS Section 2

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 5 09:31:41 PST 2005

Hui Zhou wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 04:17:57PM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>> Hui, even though we've already talked about this in IRC, I felt that I
>> should make a public apology, since it was publicly that I said the
>> above.  So, sorry for the above words.
>
> Well, I was and am alright. You are the leader you set the rule, and I
> have the obligation to follow. Only thing is even now, I am not sure
> what were/are you annoyed at?
> Is it because I raised the question that XML too big a wheel for alfs?

No offence, but I think the point is that you raised that about a dozen
times. It seems you're very enthousiastic about breaking down XML, but
for reasons we (that is: the rest of the community) don't accept. It's
not because _you_ make 99% XML syntax errors and because _you_ don't
like the idea of opening-/closing-tags and because
I-don't-know-what-reason-ever, that _the community_ shouldn't use XML. I
think you should just face the facts: we're gonna go for XML wether you
like it or not.

I'm not saying we can't discuss this matter, I'm just saying that we
can't discuss it forever (I mean: you saying "I don't like XML" and we
answering "But it has so many benefits" then you again "Yes, but I don't
like it") Again, No offence. I'm not saying you ever said this
litteraly, it's just an example.

That being said, I hope we can further on have some good and
constructive discussions on alfs, and I truly hope we can work together
as a team.

regards

Joachim