Profile assistance needed

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Fri Feb 4 22:58:10 PST 2005

OK...working on Jim's RAQ2 profile here, and ran square into a snag I
need some help in debugging.  Since the mips architecture doesn't
support NPTL, we need to remove the nptl directories from the glibc
source so the --enable-add-ons flag will grab linuxthreads instead.  In
the profile, I've written the following section to accomplish that (with
angle brackets replaced by square brackets so we don't get hit by the
html filter):

        [stage name="Removing NPTL"]
                [stageinfo]
                        [base]&build_dir;/&glibc-directory;[/base]
                [/stageinfo]

                [remove]nptl[/remove]

                [remove]nptl_db[/remove]
        [/stage]

Profile writers will recognize the use of the entities above, so I don't
feel their use needs to be explained.  The problem is, those two
directories (nptl and nptl_db) are not being removed.  The log file says
it's executing the commands, but afterward, when it's performing the
configuration, you can look and see the two directories are still
present.  According to the DTD docs, that should be equivalent to rm -rf
nptl and rm -rf ntpl_db performed in /mnt/lfs/tools/build/glibc-2.3.4,
but it's not working, and I'm not sure why.

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

-J-