BLFS Profile status?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 4 19:15:04 PST 2005

In case you are not aware, the BLFS team is working quickly towards a
6.0 release. They have made a significant number of updates this month
(since the last profile update), and are also working on setting up a
"master" BLFS packages server.

In light of my own personal need to build some systems, I'd like to find
out if anyone has pending updates for the BLFS profile to commit...
otherwise I'll start updating the packages that I need to use.

Also, someone will need to decide if the profile will be converted
entirely over to bz2 format tarballs (like the LFS profile), and if so,
will the BLFS team be providing package tarballs in that form on their
new package server (or just providing them in their original formats).
If the BLFS team is not going to convert them, I'd suggest _not_
converting the profile over, as many of the packages are not available
in bz2 format at all otherwise.