[RFC] SRS Section 2

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Thu Feb 3 20:57:49 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 11:39:52PM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>Hui Zhou wrote:
>>
>However, here we are in a worldwide community, all accessing each other
>remotely, and trying to build a piece of software together. We hope that
>the software we develop will within reason be useful to as many people
>as possible. We formalize our thoughts and ideas here on the mailing
>lists, which is good for allowing detailed technical discussions by
>anyone who wishes to participate.

Did you read my next addendum? :)

I agree specify the usefulness, features are good. But after scan
through the SRS, there are quite some places I feel specified too
much, that have more harm than benefits. But as far as what you listed
above, I totally agree!

>Now, Hui, let me ask. If you don't care much for the progress of alfs,
>as you said, what's the point of your many and long posts?

Exchanging ideas. I regret adding this last few paragraphs. Hope
others still would response to my xml talk. :)

>This is not
>just a technical forum for general discussion. This list's entire
>purpose is to discuss alfs and its progress and encourage its
>development.

If you want, I admit I am abusing your list, the same way I abuse
almost all the list I subscribe.

I love LFS comunity, ideas bouncing from time to time ...

>I don't think that you have bad intentions, and I appreciate your trying
>very hard to express yourself so that you are not offensive, but again,
>if you are not commenting here for the sake of helping alfs, then
>honestly we could do without the lengthy chatter and criticism.

I do so on my belief it is helpful. I didn't throw flames. I am
listing reasons and my opinions. If I am wrong or mistaken, point me
out and that is 100% what I am looking for.

--
Hui Zhou