[RFC] SRS Section 2

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Thu Feb 3 19:45:18 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 07:45:18PM -0800, Jeremy Utley wrote:
>Hui, this is probably the single most insane thing you've said yet :)

So you see some sanity in my other sentences? I will live on that :-;

>Even tho we're writing the new tool from the ground up, we still want it
>to be able to utilize the XML profiles which already exist.  So, the new
>tool still needs to be able to speak the old XML language - otherwise,
>the rewrite is a complete waste of time - everyone who uses the new tool
>must convert their profiles to the new syntax - and believe me, I don't
>relish that thought at all.

To write a script to automatically convert the alfs profile to any
sane profile format is easy if not trivia. I thought someone have
demonstrated by a automatic xslt or script turning alfs profile to
bash scripts. XML is machine friendly after all!

If you feel rewrite the profile is too much trouble, I can promise you
to do it for you for free. Well free is too cheap, on the condition
you call me sane :-;

--
Hui Zhou