Use of XML files (and mkdir error...)

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Thu Feb 3 11:16:40 PST 2005

On Wed,  2 Feb 2005 11:44:21 +0000
jamie bennett <jamie at linuxuk.org> wrote:

> Quoting lanas <lanas at securenet.net>:
> > On Wed,  2 Feb 2005 10:13:54 +0000
> > jamie bennett <jamie at linuxuk.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > All questions related to ALFS can be directed here.
> >
> > I'm asking because I have this problem with alfs not finding mkdir
> > after unarchiving binutils... ;-)
>
> Ok, what version of nALFS are you using? what's your host?, and maybe
> a silly question but mkdir from a normal command prompt works, right?

  I'm trying the recent alfs with LFS 6.0.  I got it configured,
modified the runit launcher to add the -i flag and bintuils, the first
package, untars fine (I run runit as root). But then I got this:

I: Done unpacking /tools/packages-6.0/binutils-2.15.91.0.2.tar.bz2.
I: Creating directory in /tools/build (parents): binutils-build
-: sh: line 1: mkdir: command not found
E: Creating binutils-build failed.

Any idea ?

Cheers,