alfs-ui and alfsd relationships

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 3 12:21:38 PST 2005

On February 3, 2005 01:13 pm, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Of course, I'm ruling out the fact that multiple people may be trying
> to build on the same machine. This would be a coordination problem,
> and not something that should be looked after via software.

It could be multiple people, yes.

Or a buggy client. Anybody could write a ui. Of course one could argue that ui
bugs are not the responsibility of alfsd. They could bring a system down to
its knees. I wouldn't be impressed if somebody running his alfs ui to upgrade
the LFS server causes the LFS server itself to grind to a halt. It would not
be a problem for alfsd to only accept one active connection. It's an easy to
implement feature and could prevent a lot of issues.

--
Gerard Beekmans