alfs-ui and alfsd relationships

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 3 12:05:13 PST 2005

On February 2, 2005 11:15 pm, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> This will likely be TCP or Unix socket connections, so there is no need
> for anything like that. The daemon will bind to a socket, then listen()
> on it. When it gets a connection it will accept() it, then communicate
> bidirectionally over that socket. It doesn't need to care about the
> client's IP address, port numbers or anything else (unless you want to
> log or selectively accept connections based on them).

We would want to restrict to one connection at a time. Somebody brough it up
already: it would be amusing to see ten LFS builds being performed on the
same machine at the same time, but the results would be less than ideal.
Especially if all ten LFS build processes use the same partition.

--
Gerard Beekmans