Flow Chart

Alexander Lang lang_a at sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Feb 3 03:18:34 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>         |--------------- Open profile ----------------|
>           ------------- in ui's editor
>           |                   |
>           ^                   |
>           |         Send profile to alfsd
>           ^                   |
>           |                   |
>           |            Run Validation
>           |                   |
>           -- NO --- Is the profile valid? --- YES --
>                        Begin Building -------------|

This sounds ok to me, but i would do it a little differently:
The ui should not edit the profile, but have the ability to
change alfsds internal data structure of the profile.
That is also what the user should see displayed in the ui:
the data structure not the profile!
The advantage of this is, that the user does not have to know
about all the different syntaxes supported by alfsd (via
plugins). To save the changes made, the output plugins can be used.

My proposal is somewhat based on the code in svn, written by Boris
(NeoCool), but i think it should be applicable to any possible alfs
tool, as the profile (one or more text files) always get validated
and parsed, witch means saved to some kind of internal data structure.
Or am i misunderstanding something?