alfs-ui and alfsd relationships

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 2 19:57:10 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:41, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> So, to reverse that situation then, how many daemons can a single
> alfs-ui connect to?  Unless the ui and daemons can communicate over
> configurable ports I'm not sure anything other than a 1->1 relationship
> is possible, is it?  Of course, the machine with the ui installed can
> launch more than one instance of the ui, each talking to a different
> daemon, hence we get the "manage more than one build from one machine"
> possibility, but is that the only way of achieving that goal with the
> current design?

I think one client can talk to multiple daemons at once. When opening a
connection to the daemon during the initialization tell the daemon which
port the client will be listening on. Isn't this how most protocols
work? Your web browser will open a local port to connect to
remoteserver:80 when loading a website?

--
Gerard Beekmans