XML

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 2 19:53:25 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:27, Hui Zhou wrote:
> Actually, my point is the dtd validation is not really useful. A
> validated profile won't give you any (not a single bit) of confidence
> that the profile is problem free.

True also. I think the original idea was so that alfsd wouldn't need to
do any of this. It would open the profile and start running it without
first making sure the file is valid and no closing tags are missing and
so on. Maybe this isn't possible or at all smart.

> I am looking at this way. No compiler uses external tool(such as
> indent) to validate the source before parsing.

You have a good point. alfsd could do the checking to make sure it *can*
run the profile before it starts on it and do that checking and opening
for processing/running commands all in one (maybe two) passes rather
than the client doing half of it, and the alfsd the other half.

--
Gerard Beekmans