Flow Chart

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 2 17:24:49 PST 2005

Hey Everyone:

So, since there has been some confusion about what we mean by the daemon
and ui, and how these will interact with each other, I thought I'd make
a simple flow chart of how I currently see the new tool functioning.
I'm simplifying it quite a bit, and I know that at each stage, there are
likely to be other details or issues that we'll need to work out, but
this is just to have a general idea.

                         Start alfs-ui

             -- NO --- Building Locally? --- YES --
	    |					 |
   Enter Remote Address                  Start local alfsd
(alfsd is running already)                       |
             |                                    |
             |--------Connect ui to alfsd---------|

               Load profile from specified path
              [This could be a URL or local path]

         -- NO --- Is the profile a LFS Book? --- YES --
         |                                        Parse Book
         |--------------- Open profile ----------------|
           ------------- in ui's editor
           |                   |
           ^                   |
           |         Send profile to alfsd
           ^                   |
           |                   |
           |            Run Validation
           |                   |
           |                   |
           -- NO --- Is the profile valid? --- YES --

                        Begin Building -------------|

Of course, this is just off the top of my head, and as I said, very
simplified. I'm also thinking that all of those options could be
specified at the initial call of the tool so that if you've already got
yourself all set up to go, you get complete automation with no
interruptions.

Thoughts?

--
Jeremy H.