[RFC] SRS Section 2

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 2 09:44:46 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hey again:
>
> Considering that the first section of the SRS is fairly straightforward
> and generalized and not very technical, I don't foresee that we'll need
> to discuss it much.  Of course, comments on it are still welcome, but I
> thought I'd open up section 2 for discussion now as well.

Ok, so are we any further with this section? Here's the issues as I see
them:

1. Are we using nALFS's DTD are are we creating a new one?

2. I definitely think there should be *some* type of validation before
the server even tries to parse the XML. As far as I'm concerned, there
really is no question about that (or about our utilizing XML for
profiles). So, should that be done with RELAX-NG? It seems the LFS Book
is headed in that direction, so it may make sense to follow that trend.
Personally, though, I don't know enough about RELAX-NG to make that call.

Are there any other issues from this section we need to define more
clearly or adjust?

--
Jeremy H.