Top things to see in first ALFS

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 2 07:54:00 PST 2005

Hui Zhou wrote:

> In this single command mode, we have to request the bot don't exit on
> completing the task, instead, send a signal or message to the listening
> process and go to sleep. When new command arives, it wakes up and work
> again.

But if the daemon process does not have enough information to know that
this is needed, how will it know to tell its child process to do that?
If you only send "commands" to the daemon, it has no idea when to enter
a chroot, when to chuser, how long a "cleared" environment should last,
etc. If you actually _send_ it chroot commands, then you have taken
control away from the daemon process, and you might as well just open an
ssh session and pipe down bash commands to it.