Client/Server - please straighten out the terms

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Wed Feb 2 07:11:15 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 07:59:54AM -0700, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>That can work and you setup a profile server more than anything. Or
>basically a FTP type setting where you download files from. But then you
>need to control the client (bootcd or a built machine) from each
>machine. If you turn it around and run an idling daemon on the systems
>you can monitor and control from one computer.

If it is an idling daemon, how are you going to control it?
Maybe another controling client on the same terminal site?

That is not bad actually.

The downside of can't switch the terminal remains.

I am tempted to say implement both schemes, they seem both quite
useful in certain circumtances. Most of the code can be shared if we
thinking both schemes in the first place.

--
Hui Zhou