[RFC] SRS Section 2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 2 06:53:49 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 21:38, Hui Zhou wrote:
> >But that is not the point.  We rarely do a serial build.
>
> We only does serial building so far :) Check Gerard's reply.

Maybe I didn't word it right or you misunderstood. Serial building is
but one part of it. The example I gave is my own situation where I more
often than not do incremental builds. Nobody will rebuild an entire LFS
system just to add or reinstall a single package.

Serial works for the first time. Then for the rest of its life the
system will be maintained using small upgrades and installations that
alfs can take care of. Ensuring dependencies will cause less "oops I
forgot to build this package first" because nothing tells you that it is
required until the package's 'configure' script fails on you.

--
Gerard Beekmans