Top things to see in first ALFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 1 18:18:03 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 17:12, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Well, unless I can be shown some solid reason why we'd want our client
> to do any parsing (thus making client development that much more of a
> task, and that much more specific) I'll be steering ALFS in the
> direction I mentioned.

I agree. The server process is the one that is doing the work on its own
machine whereas the client might be located elsewhere. The server
shouldn't completely "trust" what it is giving in terms of shell
commands. I agree that the server receives XML and the server itself
parses it, validates against some DTD and decides to go ahead and run
it.

If nothing else, it seems more right that way.

--
Gerard Beekmans