Programming language

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 1 14:43:33 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 14:48, Hui Zhou wrote:
> In that case, do we need implement Server/Client structure at all?
> Just have the psudo-client sit between the tunnel and work as if one
> is sitting infront of the pseudo-server.

it's a more basic structure rather than relying on a program like ssh(d)
to do the work for you. What if SSH isn't available? Say during an
upgrade. And for it to work nicely you would want to setup keys so you
don't have to enter a password. Then, without ssh there has to be some
kind of authentication still. I'm not sure about that part yet.

I think a plain client/server model is still the best no matter what we
might run on top of it. It is just one less dependency. If your break
ssl/ssh you can actually run the remote alfs-server to fix your ssl and
ssh problems, rather than having to revert to a manual physical proces
on the machine to do it that way (...and if the machine is hundreds of
miles away, that becomes a problem).

--
Gerard Beekmans