Top things to see in first ALFS

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Tue Feb 1 14:05:03 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:57:45PM +0100, M.Canales.es wrote:
>> In this case, the client need implement all the state management,
>
>To parser/edit the profiles and tell to the server what tasks must realize.

Say after the client parses the profiles, it needs send this profile
to the server. Then we need figure out the format or syntax to send
this profile. It is essentially of profile parsing process to the
server. What ever syntax used in the client/server communication can
be serialized on to disk as a hard copy in priciple, and that syntax
is equivalent to whatever profile syntax.

In short, the client just does the job of translation from one profile
format into another one that the server understands. If the profile in
the server side format is availiable, the server can directly run on
that.

--
Hui Zhou