Top things to see in first ALFS

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Tue Feb 1 13:59:45 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 02:11:53PM -0700, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 12:15, Hui Zhou wrote:
>> No problem. Run "alfs profile wait" :), it is an easy option to
>> implement.
>
>You not be able to specify a profile. It doesn't have to physically
>reside on the server. And, it can be modified remotely. This "wait" mode
>would not be tied to a single profile. It will accept whatever you give
>it.

So "alfs" without give it anything waits by default (it has to, since
it doesn't know what to do).

With "alfs profile wait", the server will accept new profile or make
changes and reload the profile, it will do so even if "alfs profile
run" and the user triggered it to stop and instructted to alter
profiles in the middle of building, however, work out the status and
figure out what to do and what to undo is non-trivia.

I see frequent need to do that on installation errors.

--
Hui Zhou