Programming language

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 1 10:55:11 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> James Robertson wrote:
>
>> That is what I was alluding to in my first post.  The SRS does not
>> specify exactly what the client is programmed in or how eye-candy-rich
>> it is.  ncurses is ok for me as well for console stuff.  I do like
>> nice X GUI's, so if one is written, then QT is probably the way to go.
>
> Eek.  I don't mind eye-candy but I hardly ever install QT any more -
> just takes way too long.  I'd much prefer a gtk one - but I suppose, if
> we make our requirements specific enough, we could get a version of
> either. :)

I don't even know enough of the differences to be stupid about it.  Like
I said, I don't care.  I just want it to work.  What does GNOME use?
What does the RHL tools use for their GUI stuff in GNOME?  What about
KDE users?  Those are things we need to take into consideration WRT a
GUI client.  A console one in ncurses works for me just fine.  If the
console one support command line, that would be cool as well.  IIRC the
current one does.

James