[RFC] SRS Section 1

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 1 10:52:06 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Readers of this document should have a basic
> understanding of XML, networks, and the client/server model.

That rules me out then :)

>         * XML
>               eXtensible Markup Language -- an open file type that can
> be defined to provide any cross system implementation of anything. It
> just needs to be defined and implemented.

That is quite misleading.  XML is a *data* markup language.  I'd much
prefer to see something closer to the w3c's definition (see
http://w3.org/XML/).  Something like:

Extensible Markup Language (XML) is a simple, very flexible text format
used to exchange a wide variety of data on the Web and elsewhere.

Aside from that, it looks good to me.

Regards,

Matt.