ablfs

Brad Bailey brad.bailey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:46:32 PST 2005

I'm not a programmer by any means. However, I can normally find
patters, and change them to suit. Is there a use for the alfs program
to also build blfs? I can probably come up with the xml's, but I'll
need help with a couple of issues specific for blfs.

The way I have it invisioned, is before the whole processstarts, it
asks a series of questions such as:

Do you want X?
(if no) Do you want graphics libs?
(if yes) Do you want a Desktop or Window Manager?
(If desktop) KDE, Gnome, CDE
(If WM) AfterStep, NextStep, UDE, blackbox...

What do you think? Is this worth any amount of time at all?

I'm also working on a bootable aFLS cd that will give a lightweight
graphical environment to run in.

I have lots of ideas, I just don't know how to program to put them
into effect. :-(

--
"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really
embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen