a few decisions

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 1 10:23:22 PST 2005

Hui Zhou wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance, but what difference would WAN bring against LAN?
> Just add a ip filtering, WAN becomes LAN.

Right, Hui, but it's still an addition. My question was whether or not
we need to worry ourselves about that sort of thing.  If our goal for
alfs is just to be able to network over a LAN that we assume is secure,
(or leave that security worry to the local admin) we've no need to add
anything besides basic comm protocols.  But if people want support for
secure transmission over public lines then we need to include that from
the beginning.

--
Jeremy H.