a few decisions

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Tue Feb 1 07:52:23 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 03:34:39PM +0000, Alex Potter wrote:
>There is now way for us to walk a dependancy tree until we can generate
>profiles directly from the book.

Why is that? As long as the dependencies are in the profile, the tool
can walk it.

>Until then, the tool is only really usefull for generating test beds,
>without considerable time invested in hand-edited, special-purpose
>profiles.

Making a robust parser based on a non-automation oriented source can
easily be 10-100 times more work than devise a simple suit-the-purpose
hand edited profile format (including the parser).

For quick prototyping, I rountinely come up profiles and make parsers
within hours. To make a official profile for the ultimate use, that is
huge work, but we are not talking about that yet, are we.

--
Hui Zhou