Programming language

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Tue Feb 1 07:46:24 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:30:01AM -0600, James Robertson wrote:
>All,
>
>Started another one as well.

As a suggestion, how about make a repository for each languages that
some one is interested to work on. That is the case in Rolf Veen's
ogdl development and I would say it worked very well at some period.

I would volunteer for a perl repository.

Perl, being patchy and hacky, is super for prototyping. However I
wouldn't want to maintain it after it gathering features, it can
quickly grow into monster.

>I want the daemon to be be as fast as possible.  This probably should be
>added as a requirement in the SRS under performance.  Can an interpreted
>language like Python be fast like C?

For alfs, I would say with 98% confidence, yes.

--
Hui Zhou