Top things to see in first ALFS

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 1 07:29:57 PST 2005

All,

I wanted to start a new thread on this one.  I did not want to see this
buried in another thread.

My top 5 are (in no particular order):

.* Book parsing
.* Full client server over local/LAN/WAN/Internet using standard
protocols and security algorithms
.* An update to the full DTD implementation to include support for
conditional execution
.* Log XML DTD implementation
.* package manager type functions

I think the book parsing is low hanging fruit, so that could come quick
for those that really want it and then we can move to the harder stuff.
  If we can un-burden Jamie for profile maint, he could probably help
code. ( I am not volunteering you Jamie!, just making an observation)

If I was going to put in order the rest I would go with  client/server
first with the last three coming next.

Thanks
James