a few decisions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 1 00:04:57 PST 2005

On January 31, 2005 11:05 pm, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> I can imagine.  For me, the hardest part is keeping track of new package
> releases, so I know what you mean.

I know all about that chore too. I have taken to "borrowing" from lfs-book to
myself and my own profiles up-to-date when needed.

> There's quite a bit of new code in the repo already, and I think Boris
> (NeoCool, for those on IRC) already has some client/server functionality.

I'll have to check it out then.

> directly from the book's XML, could wait, IMHO.  My coding skills are
> very basic, as I've only started to learn C, but if there's anything I
> can do, count me in.  That includes helping with docs, whatever the case
> may be.

My coding skills are quite rusty myself. The only programming I do anymore is
almost exclusive Perl CGI for my web-based front-ends to databases and other
such things (need something: Perl CGI it...it's portable though I'm
considering porting some of it to QT so you don't require a web server
running on every system to perform some basic system admin tasks).

Having that all said, if I can help out with code I'd do so but maybe it's
best to provide pseudo-code and have an active nALFS maintainer do something
with it (just so the coding styles don't clash or bugs are introduced due to
cluelessness on my part).

--
Gerard Beekmans