Hello every one

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 4 01:58:57 PST 2005

Ahmed Masud wrote:
> Hi Guys:
>
> Just saw ALFS and noticed its similarity to our XML centric system for
> building our distribution that we put together a while ago--it's been
> in production for over a year--to fully automate LFS and similar build
> standards.
> <snippetysnip>

So you guys have been implementing what we have been waiting for so
long. That's wonderful news! I do have some questions though:

1. Very important: Is your tool open-source?

2. Less important: What exactely do you mean when you say "I'll be more
than happy to work with you guys to integrate SIB into the ALFS system
and help the LFS community"? More specifically: How do you see
collaboration between both projects?

3. Can you give us more details on the XML-part? We were planning to
move away from XML actually, because our syntax is quite bloated and
makes profiles hard to maintain.

Apart from this, I'm very excited. I hope we'll be able to work together
on this soon (well, if all of us find some time, that is :-)).

Joachim