New design, what is the Goal here?

rl at nezumi.plus.com rl at nezumi.plus.com
Thu Dec 1 03:05:14 PST 2005

On 2005-11-30 11:11:42 +0000, pak_lfs at freemail.gr wrote:
> * Would you all guys and girls who do not want/like a client/server system
> contribute to a design that would make this functionality pluggable?

Contribution: I would like to, but I do not have much time to devote
to this, or many other projects I am interested in.

I would find it easier to contribute to a small modules and filters
than a complete assemblage of modules, because it takes less time
to figure out how a module works than the complete assemblage.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/ch01s06.html#id2877684

Here are some sample module tasks:

Output a single package's source code URL's as text
Output a single package's dependencies as text
Output a single package's installation commands as text
Output a list of packages that have already been installed

You can then build these up into a local installer, then build a
remote installer on top of that.

Richard