hlfs profile B1

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 24 09:06:49 PDT 2005

Hi Kendrick,

First of all, just out of curiosity: are you anyone that we know
already? (from the HLFS team possibly?)

hlfs at server.linux2themax.com wrote:
> I just finshed the profile for hlfs and am running it on a machine
> now.  I was hoping it could be looked at to make shure i didnt make
> any huge mistakes.  Im shure little bits and pieces need changing.

Sure, I could take a look at it. Is there a place where I can find the
latest version?

> with alot more looking im shure I could find where all I need to
> chang the lfs references. At this time im not that concerned with
> that, however its on the todo list.

I'm not sure what you mean with this (but that's probably because I
haven't looked at your profile yet). Could you elaborate a bit?

> Im going to eventually make the
> syntax more consistant but i know there are  a fair amount of people
> whom would love to see a working profile in short order

Entirely true. In fact I was already thinking about starting up an
official HLFS profile, but I never really found the time for it.

I guess we could use your work as a basis for a HLFS profile. If no one
steps forward to become the maintainer of this profile, I'll put it in
SVN, clean it up, update it later on.

Joachim