x86_64 profiles

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 4 14:49:12 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 13:47 +0100, Jamie Bennett wrote:

> > Right now I wish I had it finished already, it would have made putting
> > the LFS build on this system a lot easier.
>
> So you have started a cross-lfs profile or a 6.1 one? I'm not too clear
> on which one you have. Would be nice to see what you have so far even if
> its not complete. Maybe we can work on it together?

Ok, now that I reread what I wrote, it does seem a little vague. But
here's what's up, there currently exists a profile for the cross-lfs
book in the ALFS repo. Currently that profile only support x86->x86. But
I have been working on adding x86_64->x86_64 support to it, although it
is currently incomplete.

On a side note, I would like to try to do a profile for x86_64 based on
the old build method as well, since cross-lfs will more than likely be a
ways away from becoming primetime at this point.

Any help you can give would be great Jamie. And I'll see what I can do
about getting the changes I have for x86_64 committed here soon.
--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729 / Linux User : 298329