Development Status nALFS2

alfs at linux2themax.com alfs at linux2themax.com
Mon Aug 1 00:44:13 PDT 2005

>From what im hearing it seems there is a vagure consensus.  duno how much net:ssh in perl supports ie if it supported the key based auth or not.  but it seems that ssh is one of the better methods of transport for this I would think there is the ability to write in the ability for the client to loose connection and come back and say  continuing connection build system replies ok what line # and frontend system sais i recieve line #25.  backend goes ok heres line 26-current

if perl could understand keys then no session info would need to be created. you could have the session be tied to the key so when that key logs back in alfs notices it as the current session thats building...

from what i have gathered it seems most of the base tools are already there.  I might be wrong in what was being envisioned but that seems to me to be the basics of the network based alfs needs.  local would use unix sock...  what protocol to use to allow the data to be sent over ssh im not as shure about.  I would think the data to the front end could just be the terminal info with line #'s at the front.  duno about how to send the responses to the backend though smtp style communication does seem fesible.

as for the profile transfer i would think that could be done via scp/sftp? still tied to the ssh which would be not much more work then getting the other communications going.

Kendrick