xorg instructions from LFS CVS

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 24 14:11:34 PDT 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> However, showing my ignorance about ALFS, what exactly doesn't
> work with the existing command, that Anderson's suggestion
> fixes? I don't work with ALFS yet, so I'm asking to try to learn
> something here.

Using various punctuation in ALFS profiles can be difficult, as it's XML
and the XML standards don't allow much outside of the most common
characters. As Anderson mentioned there are ways to do it using entity
references, but it's not easy to maintain that way and it's not obvious
when reading the profile what it actually is trying to do (especially
when a single command string has &gt, &lt, &apos and other entities in it).