Sync with the current LFS-Book

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 20 18:43:19 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Daniel Baumann wrote:
>
>> The Background of this patch is to be absolutely consequent and
>> similiar to the lfs-book, therefore I changed the following things:
>

> I'll let the profile editors make the final decisions, but I've included
> some comments inline below...
>
>> * Renamed chapter05/lockinglibc.xml to adjusting.xml
adjustingtoolchain.xml would make more sense
>> * Renamed chapter05/strip.xml to stripping.xml
>> * Renamed chapter06/adjustingtoolchain.xml to readjusting.xml
like before except adding the "re" to it.
>> * Renamed chapter06/module-tools.xml to module-init-tools.xml
>> * Renamed chapter06proc.xml to kernfs.xml
makes sense, it's not just proc in that file anymore
>> * Renamed chapter06/strip.xml to stripping.xml
>> * Renamed chapter07/bash_startup.xml profile.xml
this would be fine for now, but if down the road more of the startup
files get added, then profile.xml would not be appropriate, so it's
better to leave as is.

> Is there any particular reason the files needed to be renamed as well as
> the stage names embedded in them? If this is needed, it won't be done
> via a patch, it will need to be done by someone with SVN commit access,
> so they can actually "svn mv" the files. Otherwise the revision history
> of the original files will be lost.
>
>> * Renamed chapter09/nALFS.xml to nalfs.xml
>

> Why was this done? The proper name of this package is in mixed case, and
> it's not in the LFS book at all, so we can call it whatever we want :-)
Agreed, that one won't be changed.

>> * Corrected all stage names to be in sync with lfs-book
>

> This is good.
I agree as well.

--
Thomas