error message from ./configure

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Wed Oct 20 09:05:43 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 10:53, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Brian Beattie wrote:
> > a fairly fresh debian "testing" system a freash down load of nALFS
> > 1.2.4.  When I run .configure I get:
> >
> > configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> >
> > I's include the config.log, but it's pretty big, anybody have any clues?
>
> Do you have any CC/CXX/CFLAGS set in your environment?

Thanks for the quick reply, it looks like for some reason that g++ was
not installed and doing a search on g++ in the package handler took a
bit of extra magic.

--
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."