nALFS User's Guide

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 12 18:00:39 PDT 2004

All,

I am going to concentrate on the user's guide next. I have been absent
with work lately, I do apologize for that.  The good thing is that nALFS
1.3 and nALFS2 have been slowed by ya'lls busy schedule as well.  That
gives me a some time to get the docs for v1.2.x up to date.  The purpose
of this email is to get a feel for an outline to work from.

I am not sure where to start. I need the group to help me determine what
all the UG should include.  Just so we are on the same page, this is
what I felt the two docs should be like:

1.  User's Guide (UG) -- I was thinking that this doc would be the
defacto "help" file for the application.  It would explain the .nALFSrc
file in depth, how to manipulate the application, etc.

2.  Hacker's Guide (HG) -- I was thinking that this doc would be the
back end guide on all things "hackerish" with the system.  If you want
to hack on the code, or write docs like me or profiles, then this is the
place you look.

I was thinking of putting up a wiki page for a working outline.  Thoughts?

Thanks
James