svn tags

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 12 07:28:48 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> Just to clarify, I wanted to add this construct to each XML file
>
> (!--
>         Last Changed Date: $LastChangedDate$
>         Last Changed By:   $LastChangedBy$
>     Revision:          $LastChangedRevision$
> --)

I don't have a problem with this, although it is duplicated information
if the person looking at the file has access to the SVN repository
(since they could determine the same information using SVN itself).

As long as it doesn't produce any performance problems (making checkouts
slower, for example) then I have no issues with it.