Question about the stage names

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 7 14:03:17 PDT 2004

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Hm, I just saw that lfs-book uses the "Cleaning Up" at the 6.61-page.
>
> Please don't think I am silly, but I do care about such things and would
> love to see the lfs/$lfs-subproject in a very homogenic state... so why
> not name the stage name, which is now "Cleanup", just "Cleaning Up" as
> it is in the lfs-book?

I've never even considered that as an issue (matching the book), so I
can't really say one way or the other.

My preference for the single word stage names is because it looks much
cleaner and is easier to read while in nALFS, but that's only a cosmetic
issue.

I do know that there are other places in the profile where the stage
names do not match the book, but I don't know if it's worth changing
them all to match. Certainly we won't do that for BLFS, but then the
BLFS book doesn't really have stage names in the same way that the LFS
book does.