1.2.4 moving to trunk + a patch

Jamie Bennett jamie at linuxuk.org
Mon Nov 29 13:40:05 PST 2004

If nobody has any objections I will be moving the 1.2.4 branch of nALFS
to trunk tomorrow. This will enable us to :-

	o have a stable and _working_ trunk again.

	o enable the current outstanding bug fixes to be done
	  and committed.

	o find out where trunk went wrong i.e. diff the current
	  trunk against 1.2.4 and add in the changes slowly until
	  everything works as expected.

If I don't hear anything against this in the next 24 hours I'll do the
swap.

As a side note, disabling of digest checking was mentioned as a bit of a
show-stopper with people sed'ding out the md5 from profiles. I've
attached a patch that applies to 1.2.4 which will add the -d or
--disable-digest option which will skip md5 checking. It will be applied
to trunk after the swap has taken place.

	-- Jamie