New Features for Profiles

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Fri Nov 26 12:00:04 PST 2004

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 09:59:48AM -0800, Jim Gifford wrote:
>If you add the download stuff, it should be the first thing done like
>the copying, but it should also include any md5sum, it also should check
>to see if the file exists before it downloads, to prevent use of uneeded
>bandwidth. I would recommend taping into the curl library for the
>downloading.

Another option maybe just run system wget to retrieve the package, it
may drop the curl dependence but add a wget dependence. In my perl
application, useing system and capture its output to figure out the
process information is trivia, but in C, maybe with libcurl is easier.

As a off-topic question, does each profile maintained by alfs
maintainer also has a wget script maintained up-to-date along with the
profile for download?

--
Hui Zhou