New Features for Profiles

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 05:58:15 PST 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote on 26 November 2004 14:54
> Jamie Bennett wrote:
>
>> I agree with Hui Zhou on this one. I know nALFS is going into maintenance
>> mode but adding a --ingnore-md5 option wouldn't be that hard to do and
>> would be a sufficient enough improvement for it to be added.
>>
> If you can do it, great. Otherwise a simple shell script or sed command
> is good enough for me.

Knocked a patch up here at work in my lunch 1/2 hour but I can't test it
untill
I get home tonight. I'll post it to the list later.

>> The unpacking based on file extension is also a good idea and would fix
>> many a newcomers problems. Looking back through the mail archive there
are
>> references to people using the wrong tarballs so I think this is again,
>> sufficient enough excuse to add it.
>>

> Again, if it's simple enough to add, go ahead. Looping through 4
> possible file formats for each package wouldn't take that long, so I've
> nothing against that solution, if you want. However, I *still* want to
> emphasize that I'd like the profiles to by default use bz2 format and
> have the wget scripts download from our ftp servers where possible.
> Personally, to me, even more important than having our tool be able to
> intelligently find the package, would be the ability to download it on
> the fly if it's missing.  If that feature is already there, and I'm just
> missing it, please point it out to me.

Yup, its there :) (digest) and (reference) tags in (unpack) or the
(download)
tag itself. I think this is what you mean.

>> BTW - I've not been around for the last couple of days on IRC because I'm
>> fighting with a x86_64 LFS build and its winning at the moment. I'll be
>> back by the end of the weekend though.
>>

> Look forward to seeing you there. :) Hope the build works out.

Getting there bu the patches are mounting up ;)

> Jeremy Huntwork

	--	Jamie