New Features for Profiles

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 00:51:49 PST 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote on 26 November 2004 07:06
> If you're interested in these things, feel free to write the code and
> submit it as a patch.  Right now, we're looking for a way to integrate
> this type of functionality with the existing nALFS program, which would
> involve adjusting the profiles.

I agree with Hui Zhou on this one. I know nALFS is going into maintenance
mode but adding a --ingnore-md5 option wouldn't be that hard to do and
would be a sufficient enough improvement for it to be added.

The unpacking based on file extension is also a good idea and would fix
many a newcomers problems. Looking back through the mail archive there are
references to people using the wrong tarballs so I think this is again,
sufficient enough excuse to add it.

As for parallel builds, that should be left up to the user IMO.

> -J-

	--	Jamie

BTW - I've not been around for the last couple of days on IRC because I'm
fighting with a x86_64 LFS build and its winning at the moment. I'll be
back by the end of the weekend though.