nALFS and AMD64

Jamie Bennett jamie.bennett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:58:07 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 11:48 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Jamie Bennett wrote:
>
> > 	./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64
>
> As far as I'm aware, --libdir has nothing to do with where to find
> libraries, it's only for telling the package where to install any
> libraries it wishes to install.
>
> The only ways I know of to control where libraries are searched for are
> /etc/ld.so.conf, LDFLAGS and the gcc specs file.

Ah, my bad. I had it in my head that --libdir is a configure flag for
specifying where to look for the libs.

But, even with my /etc/ld.so.conf looking like

/usr/lib64
/lib64
/usr/X11R6/lib
/lib32
/usr/lib32
/usr/X11R6/lib32

I still get the configure output saying

	checking for the default library search path... /lib /usr/lib

Maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here but isn't there a way
of specifying on the configure command line where to look for additional
libraries? Maybe I need to do some more reading.

	--	Jamie