ALFS + Package Users hint

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 15 07:18:06 PST 2004

On Sunday 14 November 2004 21:57, Alexander Lang wrote:
> Hallo list.
>
> I have tried to modify the current unstable profile to follow the hint
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/more_control_and_pkg_
>man.txt The problem: nALFS tells me that the package-users i create in
> chapter06 do not exist. Searching the archives i found a discussion about
> this:
> http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfs-discuss/2002-Februa
>ry/002453.html So, in 2002 it was not possible, is it now?
> And if not, wouldn't this be a nice feature for the new ALFS?

I use the "Package Users" hint for my LFS6 system, and started playing with
nALFS by implementing this. I don't follow the hint entirely, even because
it's outdated on some parts. I've attached some parts of my system
(add_pkg_user.sh script + sample profile) so you can have an idea of how it
works.

I usually install a package by running:

nALFS -i profile.xml

PS: I plan to write some docs regarding how my "Package User"-based system
works once I have the time...

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org